BMC Helix Technology
If you’ve explored using BMC software for your company or department, only to get lost in all the offerings, it’s understandable. BMC offers a wide variety of products, as it supports businesses across the globe. How do you know which product is right for your business? What’s the difference between BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Helix Remedyforce? Let’s look at BMC Helix ITSM and BMC Helix Remedyforce more in depth.
Remedy Vs. Remedyforce
BMC Helix ITSM or Next Gen Remedy:
This ITSM innovative solution helps people-centric businesses with user management. It can be used both in the cloud and on-premises, allowing for flexibility in office and on the go. It uses the BMC Helix cloud technology to be mobile accessible, so everything remains in the BMC family. You may have seen it previously called “BMC Remedy”, but as it has been updated to work within the Helix technology, it now can be hosted on the cloud. The UX for BMC Remedy is user-centric, so the technology revolves around roles, not modules. This tends to be more effective in increasing productivity. It’s also got powerful analytical tools and formless technology, making it easier than ever to log tickets without using tickets. BMC Helix ITSM is the combination of BMC Remedy with BMC Helix cloud technology, but you may also see it referred to as “Next Gen Remedy” in its latest iteration.
Per BMC’s website, with BMC Helix ITSM, you get:
- Predictive service management through auto-classification, assignment, and routing of incidents
- Embedded multi-cloud capabilities to broker incidents, changes, and releases across cloud providers
- Integrations with tools like Jira to support a DevOps culture
- Easier upgrades through cloud-delivery model
- Explore BMC Helix ITSM to learn more
BMC Helix Remedyforce:
Built on the Salesforce platform, BMC Helix Remedyforce addresses the full range of ITSM requirements with the stability, scalability, and security your business demands, plus the modern experience today’s users expect. It makes it extremely simple to provide IT support embedded within your company’s Salesforce platform. Because it’s hosted on the cloud and works within Salesforce, there isn’t any software or hardware to install. Even more accessibility can be found through its social, mobile, and dashboard channels, keeping it simple to communicate how and when you need to do so.
“BMC Helix Remedyforce is comprehensive IT service management that easily scales and adapts to the needs of mid-size companies. Built on Salesforce cloud, it allows you to seamlessly combine IT operations management (ITOM) and cognitive capabilities to ensure the business is efficient, compliant, and secure.,” says BMC about Remedyforce. BMC Remedyforce helps speed response time and improves productivity by incorporating IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices.
BMC Helix Remedyforce offers:
- Intelligent, omni-channel self-service with Chatbots that extend to Skype, Slack, mobile and web bots
- Comprehensive functionality: Incident, problem, change, service level management, self-service, discovery and asset management
- Intuitive dashboards and reporting: Resolve 90% of IT issues on the first call; show key business metrics in real time
- Configuration not customization: Deploy new technologies and services without coding or scripting, using existing Salesforce staff
- No software or hardware to install or manage: Seamless upgrades twice a year with simple, value-based pricing
- You can learn more about BMC Helix Remedyforce here
Which is Right For You?
Many of BMC’s offerings are customizable and fit to the size and scope of your business. Whereas BMC Helix Remedyforce is better for mid-size companies, the BMC Helix umbrella also offers on-site and hybrid options that may work for smaller companies. If you still aren’t quite sure which offering would be the best fit for you (or if one of BMC’s other products would make more sense), you can get in touch with us or BMC’s Sales team to learn more. Oceanforce brings years of experience designing, building and supporting BMC Remedyforce installations globally.
Oceanforce provides guidance and expertise for CIOs and IT leaders. Our solutions cover “Health Checks”, custom design & installation, release upgrades & support and end-user training. Click here to learn more about how we can help.